Description
Description

About Us

Logo
Logo
This was the fourth ownership since the original company ‘The Wigan Iron & Coal Company’ they were all based in the Morecambe at the Euston Road Station goods yard and Catlows remained there until the mid seventies when the Carnforth Concentration depot was built and with the closure of the British Railways goods yards in the area, all merchants got their supplies through them.

However after a long running dispute with the owners of the depot regarding quality and prices Catlows moved into their own yard on White Lund Industrial Estate where the business remains, in the 60’s we opened an office on Peddar Street at which Brian's mother and sister ran till the late 90’s. 

During the eighties Brian’s son Scott joined the firm and at the turn of the century Matthew another son also joined the business. The long history dating from the early 1900’s started with the Wigan Iron & Coal company who on bankruptcy was taken over by the Parkinson family who in turn sold to E Clark before H Brook and that succession was committed to history when Victor Catlow bought his partnership from H Brook in 1950.

The family have now been involved with the coal trade for 62 years, Brian himself for 52 years and was the last President of the Lancaster & Morecambe Coal merchants Association until it dissolved in the 90’s.
Morecambe coal suppliers | skip hire Morecambe
$SIGNUP$
$VALIDATION$
Working... Please wait